SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pudleboy

Beat up my layout ....I am in a pickle.

pudleboy
15 years ago

Trying to purge pickled oak look from 90's kitchen. Looked great at the time... what was I thinking. I've been lurking on this website to glean ideas from the very knowledgeable people here regarding a kitchen remodel. I must say it has been a very valuable tool and I have spent a lot of time reading and learning from what others have done. I plan to redo our kitchen this spring and after a few estimates realize I cannot afford to have it all done at contractor's prices and get the look I like. My budget is 28 including 6 or so for appliances. I do want granite or quartz for sure.

What suggestions would you say I could incorporate on a $28k budget to make it more inviting and richer looking?

The floors are new. Ceilings are 9 feet and the cabinets are 42" high. I am good at DIY work but due to bad back cannot do a lot of heavy lifting. I am considering painting and glazing the cabinets with a creamy paint and a chocolate glaze. If I can get a good price on cabinets I like the maple cocoa glazed ones . I want a new larger island with seating for two. I cannot move the island too far into my dining area or else it will interfere with my dinette table. I was thinking perhaps cherry cabinets to contrast with the painted ones..... if I go in that direction. The cabinets are all good but they are pickled oak out of style and they scream 1990's to me. I'd like to change the mood of the kitchen which is cold and sterile. I would like a warmer more custom feeling. In 1994 I thought they were the best. I want to make it look more custom with some character rather than the cookie cutter look I think it now has.

Click on link for photosl

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor