SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20092323

Large cap. FL laundry for second floor

User
14 years ago

I joined the forum last year to seek advice on large capacity laundry for use on the second floor. The LG at the time were popular but warnings were given about potential for vibration.

I decided on the LG Trom set in the end because it was the only one in red, which I wanted. I felt I could resolve any vibration issues because I was doing a major renovation on the house and could put in more bracing. For the technically minded, I poured a 3 inch concrete base on the floor, topped that with a 5/8th inch hard rubber mat, and topped that again with criss-crossed 2x4 to distribute the weight, and topped that with 3/4" ply. Under the floor I put triple 2x10 joists on 8 inch centers. One end of those joists rests on a regular bearing wall; the other on a triple 2x13 LVL laminated beam. This is one solid floor, but despite it all the LG washer WM2487HRMA still causes the house to vibrate in the strangest places, one of which is a window on the main floor 40 feet away that shakes like crazy. It even causes the LVL beam to bounce.

I've tried everything, even putting anti-vibration mats under the feet but it's like trying to squeeze a balloon in your hands - when you squeeze in one area the balloon just bulges out in another!

Enough's enough and this LG washer has to go.

So I'm back on the forum, mouth full of humble pie, and asking for recommendations on a large capacity FL laundry set suitable for a (well braced!) second floor AND suitable for a septic tank. I mention the septic tank because from what I've seen recently the Samsung has the best vibration technology but their silver process is not suitable for septic tanks.

Thanks all!

Jason

Comments (4)