SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

is anyone doing anything 'healthier' with the new year?

3katz4me
12 years ago

I am pretty good about exercising regularly and watching what I eat but man, I kind of went crazy over the holidays with the eating. For some reason I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted. It was fun but my exercise did not increase to the same extent my food consumption did and I quickly gained five pounds. Makes me look and feel yucky. So I am back on a serious healthy eating and more frequent exercise program as of Monday. I feel better already.

I'm never really on a "diet" but I kind of feel like I am now. After my big junk and sweets binge over the holidays I have stopped all of that entirely. I feel like I'm going through withdrawal. I have an iPhone app for logging all food and exercise and it really helps. Usually I just log the exercise but anytime I gain five pounds I go back to logging all the food again. This always gets me back in line. If I don't keep track of everything I find I'm quickly in denial about how much I've eaten.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is working on a healthier lifestyle in the new year and if so how it's going so far.

Comments (20)