SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarikakleh

Recessed Lighting for New Build

tarikakleh
12 years ago

Hello All,

We are building a new home and are approaching the part where the lighting will be going up. Our electrician does quality work, however, we want to be sure that we have sufficient lighting while we are at this stage and do not want to depend strictly on his word.

We have an open floor plan, so our living room, kitchen and dining room are all within a square 765 sq ft room (22.5' X 34'). The ceilings are 10' high. Apart from the dining room that will have a chandelier, our plan is to illuminate the room with just recessed lights.

Master bedroom will be vaulted, low part of vault at 10', high part of vault at 12.5'. Room is 210 sq ft (15.3' X 13.75). There will be a chandelier in the center.

Kids rooms will be vaulted, low part of vault at 8', high part of vault at 9'9". Rooms are 143 sq ft (13' X 11'). No other lighting in the room.

Finally, our patio is 350 sq ft (35' X 10'). Ceiling slopes down from the house, high part of slope is at 13' low part of slope is at 9'.

For all inside lighting, we want 4" cans. For patio we are ok with 6" to save costs.

We do not want LED lighting because we want to have a soft natural lighting. I admit, I am not that informed. I intend to do my research but felt that I should pose my questions here in the mean time.

I appreciate any help in advance, thanks!

Comments (3)