SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

What would you do with this window?

Sueb20
15 years ago

Well, technically it's 3 windows. This is my LR window, the only one in the room (we had a matching set on the opposite wall, but that is now a doorway to our newish addition -- family room and kitchen). I have had several treatments on this window in the past. When we had the room painted a while back, I didn't put the curtains back up because they really didn't work with the new wall color. So now we just have an empty curtain rod, and the woven wood blinds. I can't have full-length drapes, as you can see, because of the radiator; I can't even have drapes that would just hang down the sides of the windows because of the furniture on the right side. DH will kill me because there's nothing wrong with the current blinds, but I'm thinking of replacing them with wood vertical blinds in the same wood tone as the window trim. Right now, I hate raising and lowering the blinds twice a day. If I didn't want to raise/lower vertical blinds, at least I could "tilt" the blinds open to let light in without raising them completely. Then add some kind of valance on top, I suppose. What style of valance would you put here? Any ideas? We have a basic valance in the dining room, which is opposite the living room. I'm just looking for ideas as I seem to be stuck for creative ideas for this window. p.s. Those are DD's "origami paper snowflakes" taped on the top of the window! (Most inexpensive window treatment yet!)

Comments (12)