SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decor8for2

Cabinet doesn't fit - where did 'I' go wrong?

decor8for2
14 years ago

We are doing a inexpensive update on our kitchen and now after installing most of the cabinets, one of the cabinets does not fit. First the background, the KD sent out a company to measure our old kitchen. Our cabinets were ordered and we are installing them ourselves. Anyway when the original measurements were taken the gentleman did not include a soffit/beam that runs the entire length of our kitchen that is 15" tall. So when the KD looked at the plans she started the run of wall cabinets 5" closer to the wall then we did. Now the blind base 42/45 that she ordered will not work because I can't pull it out far enough to match the wall cabinets as it need to, BUT if I order the next size up with the wider door/drawer I will be within 1/4" of hitting my dishwasher door.

So KD is off until tomorrow (Thursday) and I don't even know how to approach this.

Since I never received a copy of the origial measurement from the measurement co. I don't know if it was even his mess up. On the copy of the floorplan showing my cabinets it appears she just started the run under the beam (that she didn't know was there) but with 36" base cabinet/counters, 3" crown, 2" light rail, and a 15" soffit I would have about 10" between my counters and the bottom of the cabinet.

Should I have caught this? All the uppers are installed and because of the soffit they can not be moved to the left or right and even if we could the whole run of base cabinets will be off.

UGH! just one more reason to scream :o)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations