SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb5_gw

Jesemy, Questions on Wainscoting!

barb5
15 years ago

I've never posted on this forum before- my posts would be called "what NOT to do!" I am totally cowed by the beautiful homes you all have, and the talent with which you decorate them!

But Jesemy, I am sitting here with the same book, "Decorating with Architectural Trimwork," that I bought about 4 years ago too, and this week I am starting work on my dining room. And I saw your post over on the best decorating decisions of 2008, and it blew my mind away! Your stairwell is gorgeous!

So, can I ask- did you use the golden triangle formulation that they demonstrate in the book? This is driving me crazy. And are your margins on the bottom and top greater or equal to your horizontal margins? And where did you buy your trim? I thought I would try to use wood, but I know there is concern over shrinkage and swelling. My trim will all be painted, but I am an organic market gardener and the thought of polyurthane or PVC just doesn't sit well.

I would love to see pictures of your dining room. Did you do crown as well? Any other tips?

When I saw your original post, I thought you had to be an experienced professional trim carpenter. You are giving me courage and inspiration, because I can't afford to hire someone to do this job, and I have been thinking about it ever since I bought the book!

Comments (8)