SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teched_gw

Please recommend a stacking washer/dryer

teched
12 years ago

Greetings! I turned to this forum 7 years ago when I purchased a stacking W/D for my laundry room. I was so pleased with all the advice I received to buy the Whirlpool Duet. I never had problems with an odor, because I knew to crack the door to the washer.

Well, we have moved to a new house. I was so excited that there were what appeared to be a newer stacking set in the master bedroom. Unfortunately, although they are only 6 years old, they were not that great to begin with and were not taken care of. The smell is overwhelming and the washing is actually rusting down the front (the gasket allows water to leak down the front at the end of the cycle). No amount of washer cleaner or bleach can get rid of the smell and there are technical problems too (sometimes forgets to spin or the dryer takes hours to dry). Also, although these are a compact set, they sit out 6-7 inches from the back of the closet to allow for venting so the closet door will not close.

So, I am in the market again. The closet is 32" deep with the door closed. If we can have the dryer reconfigured with a side vent, we should have enough room to buy a larger set. What do you recommend? We would prefer a quieter set with less vibration (possible?). I was very happy with the Duet, and I really could care less about steam and all kinds of digital controls--simple is better. I would like to pay Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (3)