SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Help me choose my countertops and backsplash!!

redroze
16 years ago

I would definitely appreciate help with choosing my countertops (colour and material), backsplash and flooring. Here's what I know we want for sure: Wooden cabinetry which is painted white around the perimeter, and dark stained for the island and pantry/desk area. We also want beige travertine floors or porcelain flooring that looks like travertine, depending on budget.

Although I love how our cabinetry is two different colours, it somewhat stumps me on what type of countertops and backsplash to do. I would appreciate any and all advice!!

Here are our rough plans which indicate where the white vs dark wood will go.

{{gwi:1587750}}

Here is our cabinetry and flooring colours:

{{!gwi}}

There are two backsplash options. Which do you prefer? I know it also depends on the busy-ness of the countertops we choose.

1) Tumbled marble in a really neat pattern:

{{!gwi}}

2) Tumbled marble 2x2 in a checkered pattern:

{{!gwi}}

I also narrowed it down to 3 countertop combinations. I'm torn between the light countertop with light cabinetry, dark countertop with dark cabinetry look. Or the other option is go light countertops all around, but put the Bianco Antico on the island which has both light and dark elements.

1) Beige corian with the white cabinetry, Bianco Antico granite for the island, a dark wood top for the pantry/desk area.

{{!gwi}}

2) White galaxy granite with the white cabinetry, Cafe Imperial granite for the island, a dark wood top for the pantry/desk area.

{{!gwi}}

3) White galaxy granite OR some type of white corian with the white cabinetry, Bianco Antico granite for the island, a dark wood top for the pantry/desk area..

{{!gwi}}

4) Some other combo that you can suggest!

Thanks in advance!!! I'm so confused. =)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations