SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

~Goofy Weather and Animals

LorifromUtah
16 years ago

This morning's low was 17 degrees which was 40 degrees degrees WARMER than yesterday and 22 warmer than Monday.

Sunday was a blizzard.

A full out, can't see two feet in front of you, white out conditions blizzard:

Kitty and Kitty Kitty are good sports about the cold but then there are three heating pads scattered about outside for them to use. Ruby has two and nobody but her uses them!

Then the storm moved out and it got cold: 17 below zero at nine am. (Custer reports the argument at The Station was whose thermometer registered the coldest and yes, five trucks were parked outside, with the engines running. The diesel fumes were so thick a thief could have driven anyone of those trucks off and no one would have noticed. OUR truck was one of those running but the would be thief would have had to get past Gabby and Holly....)

It is very beautiful even with the cold. All that clean white snow and the crisp blue skies:

Temperatures were warmer yesterday and very warm this morning. We're in a thaw. Water is running everywhere and the plowdrivers are hustling to push the slush off the road before it freezes again.

Today was VERY warm; like thirty three degrees at 11am. Like a dummy I forgot to put my boots on to make my home delivers and soaked my tennies through to my socks. We have a seven bucket ceiling leak at the center and nobody knows where it's coming from.

Then the wind started blowing.

Hard.

And blew all the cloud cover away.

Again, I could hardly see across the pasture.

The temperature is nearly zero and the skies are clear. We'll probably go ten below? Not much more than that as there's another storm moving in tomorrow.

Some clown living in this house decided Holly needed a big girl sweater to keep her warm. I haven't found out who is was. Nobody is owning up to nothing. The poor dog had to stumble from the living to me, in the kitchen, to tattle.

The fit isn't too good. Someone doesn't have an eye for size, do they?

Holly was not amused; she growled and barked the entire time...even after she got her head unstuck.

She did perk up when she saw the camera. This dog loves to have her pictures taken. She's got that 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' atttiude:

So.

There you are.

An update from my zoo.

Tomorrow I go to Salt Lake for a grant writing seminar. We're trying to get some Bill Gates money for the library and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. My boss puts far too much faith in me......

Signed,

Lori who lives where it's cold, dry and largely uninhabited...

Comments (10)