SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

Car touchup paint?

janie_ga
13 years ago

Monday morning, one of my fellow WVU students banged up my rear quarter panel (will try to post a link to the photos below). anyway, it will be at least 2 months before I can get an appointment to get it fixed. In the meantime I need to touch up the places where the paint chipped off and metal is exposed. In two months, my car will spend as much as 2,000 miles on the roads. With all of the chemical.salt/goo mixtures on the WV roads, I cannot leave bare metal. The area will be "banged out", not replaced- the panel is not a "bolt and toss" version, lol.

I have touch-up paint I have used for road gravel dings (the paint chips are about the same size). The touch-up paint recommends not using it below 70 degrees. It will not be above freezing over the next 10 days! We do not have a driveway, much less a garage! Not do we have access to one.

Anyone used touch-up paint in cold weather. Do you think a heating pad on the metal to warm it up and then a hair dryer to dry it would work? I am not looking for a GREAT paint job- just something to keep out rust.

Here is a link that might be useful: pictures (maybe)

Comments (8)