SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Help! What could you not live without, that you HAD to have?

NewEnglandgal
10 years ago

So I go to Lowe's to look at countertops, sinks and floor tile to get some ideas of what I actually like.
I saw the Roth and Allen quartz has 5 or 6 colors on sale for 56.00 (7.00 off the normal price and it is class C). I really liked several of them and found I was drawn to the earthy brown tones.
Then I look at sinks and see this absolutely gorgeous sink in one of their kitchen set ups. I LOVE it. Nice shiny deep brown. So, I ask the woman who was very helpful to see how much it would be for a double undermounted apron front. 2100.00!!! I almost died.
I came home and asked my husband if he wanted the bad news or good news first (the good being the quartz sale).
Any opinions on the sink? The picture does not do it justice. It is so beautiful and shiny. I suppose I *could* get just an undermount but not sure how much that will save. The woman said they could take some money off the price of the sink for me which would help. I feel like the sink could really be a gorgeous focal piece and bring everything together but again, it is a sink. How do you decide if you REALLY want something or whether you can forgo for something else? My husband said forget it and I said well.no, not forget it. I really like it!
Again, the perimeter cabinets will be painted BM lambskin and the island will be a lighter cherry.

Comments (55)