SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiskers

Decorating advice/opinions, please! Floor color?

tiskers
15 years ago

We are at the point in our kitchen remodel where I need to choose the flooring. (We are planning on Congoleum's Duraceramic tile, and I have it narrowed down to 3 colors.) I need your help!

The cabinets are off white, with a VERY subtle ivory glaze. St. Cecelia Light granite (being fabricated now), stainless appliances.

The adjoining dining room and hallway has golden oak hardwood floors.

My decorating style is casual/country/cottage.

I am planning to paint the kitchen (and adjoining dining room) a light, neutral, warm, creamy color... darker than a beige, but probably not quite a camel or tan. The exact paint color has not been chosen yet.

I CANNOT DECIDE ABOUT THE FLOOR COLOR! I have it narrowed down to one light, one medium, and one dark.

The light: Rapolano/RA-47/Bisque

The medium: Sierra Slate/SI-47/Flaxen

The dark: Rustic Stone/RU-46/Tobacco Clay

Each tile looks nice with the granite (I THINK!)... picking up various colors from it. I just don't know which to choose.

There are probably rules and guidelines for this sort of thing... should the floor *blend* with the rest of the room, or would some *contrast* be better? How about a LOT of contrast?

I need help! Any and all opinions/thoughts/advice welcome!

Thank you!

Lynn

Here go the pics...

First, the kitchen (looking at it from the living room/dining room side):

{{!gwi}}

(I will only post one photo here first, because I have no idea how large or small it will turn out!) More to come...

Comments (44)