SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

Den Update: Too much color?

localeater
10 years ago

We are updating our small den. We use this room for watching TV, and playing games. The room is also the home to our woodstove which in the winter is a big part of our home heating. This means we need to leave ample space around it because it throws out a lot of heat.
I am clutter phobic and really like neutral, calm color schemes. Our house is very open, but this room is sort of hidden away, behind a center brick chimney. The DH and DS's vote that this room should be fun and colorful. To this end they have selected and purchased two pieces, a very bright rug and a turquoise leather swivel chair. This is a lot for me to digest but I am being brave! I need your help to pull it all together, I need a paint color, window treatments, end table(s), coffee tables and lighting.
The room is pulled apart right now so please pardon the mess in the photos, this is the space

From Den

From Den

The TV will need to stay where it is as it is the only full wall
From Den

From Den

This is the rug and chair they have purchased
From Den

From Den

For a sofa, I could purchase or I could move the LR sofa into the den and purchase new for that room. This is the existing LR sofa-
From Den

My husband and I really like this sofa for the den,
From Den
the woman at the furniture store is suggesting doing it in a krypton fabric in a orangey rust color like the darkest orange from the rug. I worry that stylistically with the leather chair they selected it will be too much. And colorwise the rust couch and the blue chair could also be too much- maybe a more neutral sofa color. I would like any sofa to have a not too high back to minimize the window blockage.
Please share your thoughts

Comments (24)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio