SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silvercanadian

Need quick opinions on upper cabinet layout please!

silvercanadian
12 years ago

After using my new laundry room for just over a month, I have realized that I might want my husband to build me 8" or so platforms for the washer/dryer. My upper cabinets are not yet in the laundry room and the current design has the hanging space over the washer/dryer. The hanging space would need to be moved above the lower cabinet and sink if I was going to put in a platform.

I still might be able to have the cabinet maker swap the upper cabinets if I made a decision VERY quickly (as in today!).

Can anyone please provide an opinion on the upper cabinet layout and whether I should just stick with the current plan? (which would mean no platform) It is a possibility that I am annoyed with the washing machine height due to my dryer not being here yet so I currently have a drying rack jammed into the corner and am reaching into the washer for a couple items at a time, so it's many trips bending into the washing machine. And I'm pregnant right now which isn't making it any easier. LOL

The laundry room is only 68" deep so there's not a ton of room behind me once the large machines are in place.

Current proposed upper cabinet layout:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)