SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Is this layout good, bad, or just ugly?

Fori
10 years ago

I need to get my appliances and sinks placed soon for permit applications so...this is an odd space and the best I can come up with is the following.

The island is 8'6.5" x 2'6", one level, no seating. Without an island, the space I'm trying to fill won't work well. If I kill the island, I'll have to shrink wall B so that A and C aren't too far apart, but then I'll have no place for the stuff I want on wall B...maybe? I dunno. I am not fond of islands. I might want this one on wheels.

Leg A is a single level peninsula (no seating) with the family room on the other side. No upper cabinets here. It's 16'3" from the wall and 2'8" wide. Planning for a 33" sink, 24" trash, 24" DW (drawers). The sink should maybe be moved closer to the range than I have it drawn here.

Leg B is a windowless wall, 15'6" outside length. 30 or 36" range, 36" hood, 18" prep sink. Upper cabinets that wrap onto leg C.

Leg C is 9' (outside length) with a 24" oven cabinet (for a speed oven and microwave shelf) and 42" fridge (built in because of island clearances). The coffee pot goes there.

The kitchen table is south of the kitchen. Just below leg C is a short hall to the laundry room (also passage to garage) and "formal" dining room. Below that is a chimney wrapped in cabinetry yet to be determined). You can also get to the dining room from beyond that.

We will be doing drawers just about everywhere we can, but will have that one corner cabinet. I can't seem to get rid of that. (The other corner cabinet at the AB intersection can be accessed from the family room.)

Any suggestions? We are sort of stuck with this footprint, or something very similar. Thanks!

Comments (14)