SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

Job update

kittiemom
15 years ago

I got the official email today - I didn't get the job. What I found very odd is that they never called my references. I had three interviews with them & they had told me that only the top 2-3 candidates would come back for the 3rd interview. I've never known of a company, much less a large hospital that would have someone come in for that many interviews but not even check references as part of the process. I thought it was strange at my last interview when the hiring manager told me that his boss had informed him that he wanted to be involved in the selection process. As far as I know, his boss had never met any of the candidates (he certainly didn't meet me). I've been told that there is a lot of political stuff there around hiring for some positions. So I'm beginning to wonder if something like that happened. I know I'll never know what happened. I know several HR professionals & they all thought it was strange that the hospital never called any of my references. I REALLY wanted this job - wish me luck as I continue to search.

Comments (10)