SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Hours Wasted with Part D Provider -- long

chisue
10 years ago

I need to VENT!

We have a new Part D provider, WellCare. WellCare has a mail order pharmacy, ExactusRX. The main reason for us to choose WellCare over other Part D providers is the savings we can get by using mail order.

In December I called ExactusRX to make sure we were all set to receive my DH's and my meds at our condo in Hawaii because we were leaving home Jan. 1. They were prepared to mail to our home in Illinois -- ignoring the winter address they had on file. We got that corrected, for him and for me. "Lorenzo" verified that they had our CC information to charge the meds. Great, right? They will ship Jan. 1 and we'll get the meds before DH runs out on Jan. 14.

Jan. 8 -- No meds. I called Exactus RX. "Raul" said the meds had not been shipped yet. "You didn't tell us we could charge the amount due." I owed $80 copay; DH owed $360 copay. They had called us (Illinois phone) to ask us to OK the payments. (They did not call the Hawaii phone that they also have on file.) I "OK" the payments and tell "Raul" to up our authorization to $500 so they will not have to call us ever again.

OK, "Raul", now my DH will be without his meds; what can you do? Can you send our meds out today, via UPS? "Sure," he says. "Oh, wait, I can't ship them until tomorrow, but you can call back Friday to get the tracking number." Problem solved, eh?

Friday I call ExactusRx and "Alicia" knows nothing about any of this, but will look into it and call me back. Her records show nothing has left the warehouse to come to us. She does not call back.

I call again on Friday. "Tamara" says that my meds will go out UPS, but DH's have gone out ground delivery. (I have good supply; DH will be out Tuesday.) "Tamara" thinks we can get an emergency supply for DH at the Walgreens here on Maui, but I must check with WellCare.

I call WellCare. They have no ability to see our files at ExactusRX. I ask if we can get an emergency supply for DH at the Walgreen's here on Maui. No, we can't. Their records show we HAVE a 90-day supply of our meds -- can only re-order in March.

I call Walgreen's and give DH's information. DH emails his MD, who sends authorization to Walgreen's. Walgreen's calls back; WellCare refuses to authorize payment.

I call WellCare again today. Oh, everything is closed until Monday, but the pharmacy can call such-and-such number. *I* call the number. "We're closed. Call back Monday."

Yes, we could just buy the 14 day supply of DH's meds: $133.89. Do you think we'd ever get the WellCare portion back? Yet, we may just have to DO that.

Wanna bet on when DH's mail order meds actually arrive on Maui? Do you think a 14 day supply will be enough?

I am disgusted with these companies.

Please, US Government, stop putting us through having to choose new Medicare Supplements and Part D coverage every November. It's costing us thousands of dollars to buy insurance and pay inflated prices for meds. It's driving me MAD! Go to single payer like other first world nations have had for thirty years...PLEASE!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville