SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anita55_gw

Breakfast Nook needs a new look

anita55
15 years ago

Good morning, I'm looking for ideas to take back my breakfast nook from the computer! We had the computer table here so that when the kids were young we could supervise their use of the computer, and help with homework, stuff like that. Now, with the kids gone, I'd like to re-claim this space and make it part of my kitchen/breakfast nook "look". The former owners had a china cabinet here but I don't want a china cabinet. I could use storage space but I don't want to have to do any kind of display (as you would in a glass hutch china cabinet). We eat and spend most of our time in this area which is right next to the family room. I hate that the area is fairly narrow and makes access to the sliding doors difficult if people are seated at the table. If I ever win the lottery I will bump out my kitchen and breakfast nook but for now it's what I have to work with. The counter and the computer table tend to be piled with papers, receipts, gloves, anything that needs to be set down. My husband work papers and files tend to accumulate around the computer table, too, so these are the items that would need a home when I'm considering what to put here. Although I have nice storage in the kitchen area already, I could always use more space for kitchen too. Ideally I would like the computer out of this area all together and either upstairs or in the family room. Any ideas?

Comments (5)