SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rushmom3

Would you do a vertical blind on this window?

rushmom3
13 years ago

I'm desperate for help with my window treatments. I have no experience with them. This is the back of our house with the FM, breakfast nook and kitchen (not shown). I had Penney's come out for an estimate. I picked out a beautiful fabric that I loved, but to do stationary panels on FM window w/ a cellular shade, and roman blinds in the fabric for the nook windows & door and the kitchen window, it was going to be $3450!! That was more than I wanted to spend.

Anyway, now I'm looking at doing bamboo in the dinette, door and kitchen? But how would you do this big window? I do not want to do 3 separate treatments b/c that is too much to open and close everyday. I had that at our previous house and it was a 20 min process to open windows in nice weather. Would you do a vertical blind with stationary panels on sides? How would I tie that into the bamboo? These windows face east, so the main purpose is to block the morning sun. Privacy is not an issue. Other than morning, we'd probably have them open.

I sure would love to hear your ideas.

Comments (19)