SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol4457

gas regulator for new space heater?

carol4457
16 years ago

I have had a gas fireplace/space heater in my family room for 7 years. It went out on Thanksgiving morning and I have not been able to get the pilot to stay lit. It was made by Martin but they are out of business and no one will service a space heater. I am fed up with the thing so I bought a Charmglow heater today from Home Depot. My brothers were trying to install it but the instructions are very vague. I have natural gas, this thing can burn both natural gas and propane. The instructions get really vague about the gas regulator. The old heater never had a regulator, this one sounds like you do need one but it's not clear if you need one just for propane or both LP and NG. No one at Home Depot knows much about these things and the only toll free number is for Home Depot and they are closed. I cannot find this name on the internet except in relation to outdoor heaters. How can a store sell something without anyone there knowing what they are selling? They don't sell regulators either. The guys at Lowes told us the heaters they sell have built in regulators. Is this true? Does anyone know anything about the hook up for this monster? The main furnace comes on so much all I can see is dollar signs, the family room really needs its own heat source and I alsolutely do not want electric. Please help! Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert