SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joshing

Sferra bedding- Is it worth the money?

marvelousmarvin
10 years ago

When I think of fine Italian bedding, I know about Pratessi and Frette. But, has anybody heard about or know anything about Sferra Fine Linens, which are also made in Italy?

How good is Sferra bedding?

I've seen some Sferra bedding in Tuesday Morning stores, which actually makes me skeptical about the quality because most of the goods in Tuesday Morning aren't usually that good. Instead, I find the stuff at Home Goods to be better than the stuff at Tuesday Morning.

And, does Tuesday Morning jack up the regular prices to make it seem like you're getting a deal? I'm trying to fight against the human psychology where you think something expensive must be high quality.

I'm looking at Sferra Amante 1993 which is 100% Egyptian Cotton Satten Jaquard and made in Italy. The regular price on the tag is almost $700 just for a full fitted sheet so that cost doesn't include the flat sheet (not that I would ever use the flat sheet) or the pillows.

If it really cost that much just for a Sferra fitted sheet in a full size, wouldn't you just buy something from Pratessi or Frette for that amount of money?

Of course, Tuesday Morning doesn't sell it for $700. Instead, their price is about $250, which seems like a bargain only if that $700 price is really true. Yet, when I tried to see how much it really sells for, I couldn't find that information.

And, what's up with the Sferra Bros bedding I see Tuesday Morning selling next to Sferra Fine Linens bedding? Is Sferra so well known that Sferra Bros is trying to copy it and confuse customers like the Beverly Hills Polo Club clothing does to Ralph Lauren's Polo, even using a similar polo icon?

This post was edited by marvelousmarvin on Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 4:39

Comments (52)