SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkinsey

I am about to kill my cabinet maker!!! (rant inside)

bkinsey
13 years ago

I am so frustrated right now that I doubt I will be able to convey it in words. My cabinet maker has been slow in making progress to put it nicely and now we are down to the wire and he still hasn't picked up the pace. Our soapstone is coming on Wednesday morning and before it comes he needs to install the island (which was just delivered today), install the drawers and toe kicks, fix a mistake that he made in the size of opening for the dishwasher, along with numerous other little things and he is not here (it's 4pm)

And to make matters worse my husband has taken the week off work to oversee this project and now he is just a BEAR because he is so frustrated with this guy as well...so I am paying the price for it by getting my head chewed off once every 10 minutes.

Our doors aren't done, the crown molding isn't installed, the hood isn't built...and we have been on him for 5 months saying that we need to get this finished, but aparently he doesn't get it.

This project has taken soooo much longer than we ever anticipated and it just doesn't look like the end is ever going to be here. Ugh! I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old and I have been living with a temporary kitchen for 5 years (yes, babies change your remodeling plans and budget dramatically), and I have waited so long to have a kitchen that I can hardly keep my composure when people don't do their jobs.

Just a rant, no question really, thanks for letting me vent :)

~Kinsey

Comments (16)