SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flyingkite

Miele W4840 & T9800 - First Day Experience

flyingkite
16 years ago

First of all, crooks101, jerrod6, sshrivastava,

Thank you very much for sharing heads on experience with new Miele products!

I was prepared and it was priceless, because I had realistic expectations and was not surprised in dealing with the minor issues.

Installer was a very nice guy, but he used cheap flexible vent pipe that was immediately twisted when he moved dryer closer to the laundry wall (just 8 inches allowance). I believe, he never heard about rigid pipes, periscopes, pipes with elbows etc. Not surprisingly, when I called Miele and asked for the upgraded dryer filter, they asked first if I have rigid vent pipe installed. And what, no rigid pipe - no filter replacement, because I did not follow Miele's requirements. Well, eventually they agreed to send me a replacement filter in exchange on my promise to replace flexible vent with the rigid one in next couple of weeks.

Now, the good.

1. Washer & Dryer set looks very impressive, my laundry room definitely became a starting point for the all future guest tours.

2. Very convenient load/unload when installed on pedestals.

3. User friendly interface with easy to operate controls, passed WAT and even MILAT (mother-in-law acceptance test).

4. The wash cycle is almost silent.

5. The overall quality is superior, all parts (especially drums) seem to be very well done, all surfaces were ideally polished.

Not so good, but definitely treatable:

1. Washer door was hanging low, door's lock lead doesn't fit receptacle.

2. Dryer appears to be pretty noisy, hopefully this issue can be alleviated (after replacing filter and installing rigid vent assembly).

3. Considerable washer vibration on a high spin. Partly due to installing washer on the pedestal, no surprise here.

4. Very low water rinses levels (didn't pass MILAT, "Where is the water?").

5. Neither provides washing status nor operates via internet (please, don't laugh at me, I'm serious).

Comments (14)