SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
profwilliams

Amcoraire minsplit

profwilliams
16 years ago

Does anyone own or know anything about the Amcoraire Due ductless mini-split system? I can't find anything about this brand and I got a quote for about 2k for it versus about 6k for a Fujitsu system.

Comments (6)

• adenn1
    16 years ago

Never heard of it in my research of mini-split systems. Sounds like a bargain basment unit...probably built in China. Go with a trusted brand...Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Sanyo...and probably as important...find a good contractor. Make sure you have had Manual J completed for area you want the system installed.

Good luck.

• profwilliams
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info. Here's a link from the seller.

Any thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Amcoraire minisplit info

• adenn1
    16 years ago

That seems way too cheap...and that's what scares me. The heat pumps are not inverter systems...which are used in all of the high end systems like Fujitsu and Mitsubishi. The link below takes you to an explanation of inverter technology.

You want to be comfortable and have a trouble free system...then go with a reputable and well known manufacturer...like Fujitsu, Sanyo or Mitsubishi. I had a Mitsubishi 12,000 BTU heat pump placed in my 13x16' sunroom this spring and it did a wonderful job cooling the room and now does a great job heating it. Trouble free so far and the thing is whisper quiet--both inside and outside.

Visit the Mitsubishi website and see if you have some of their Diamond dealers in your area. Have a few out to give you quotes and see how they compare to Fujitsu quote. Again, they should complete and heating and cooling calculations for the room(s) to be serviced by the system.

Hope this helps...

Theses systems are a big investment...so go with a good brand.

Here is a link that might be useful: Inverter Technology

• profwilliams
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great info and what I was thinking when the guy proudly proclaimed that "I saw the factory in China..." My wife said, "Head for the hills...."

So now I'm between the Sanyo and the Daikin mini split. My dealer/installer has them for a similar price. I'm leaning towards the Daikin....

Any thoughts?

• adenn1
    16 years ago

Both Daikin and Sanyo are companies that are mentioned a lot on the HVAC boards...so they are out there and being used...and from what I recall...get good recommendations. The HVAC contractor who replaced my gas furnace does a few mini-splits...and he wanted to go with Sanyo. He said parts are readily available and the company has a good track record with service issues. I would have used him, but he was just getting in to mini-splits and I thought his bid was a bit high...though I know from his tech's that he pays them well and offers good benefits (to keep good people).

I guess choosing between the two...since both would be installed by the same installer, boils down to price and comparing the warranties. Now, one on-line dealer shows that Daikan is offering a 5-year parts and 7-year compressor warranty...it also notes that Sanyo's is one-year on parts and six on compressor. What does your installer tell you about the warranties?

I think either would be a wise investment...look over the pariticulars.

Good luck.

• profwilliams
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Excellent info!

The guy who was offering the Amocraire is now offering me a Fujitsu 12k with heat for $2500 installed. Nice guy who I've been emailing back and forth. So rather than not selling me his brand, he's offering another. Or he's so hard up for business he doesn't want to let me pass him by... (and he still swears the Amocaire is the best system available).

Either way, Fujitsu or Daikan, it seems I can't go wrong. Will come down to price and warranty.