SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gordholio99

Color suggestions for exterior of house (pics included)

gordholio99
14 years ago

Hi everyone:

First time poster, and I apologize in advance if I've posted to the wrong forum or have otherwise gone against forum policy. Anywho...I'm trying to figure out what color to paint the exterior of my house and I thought I might see if anyone here has some suggestions. I've included a link to some interior and exterior photos of my place at photobucket.

I don't like the light blue/grey on the exterior now. It looks cheap to me and it doesn't go with the earthy colors and natural cedar tones of the interior. I'm looking for something that's more sophisticated, and I really want something that would work nicely with the front door and the natural wood (cedar) on both the front and rear decks. The current blue-grey just doesn't do that. I will likely keep the trim white or perhaps an off-white such as Benjamin Moore's 'Tapestry Beige.' Have been looking at a few taupes for the main color, such as BM's 'Fairview Taupe.' It's quite a dark taupe, with a bit more green than brown. If anyone has any ideas, they'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

gordo

Here is a link that might be useful: House photos

Comment (1)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company