SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
josieindc_gw

Can you mix polished and honed granite?

josieindc
12 years ago

Please help with my kitchen counter top questions! I am having such a hard time with this. Our new kitchen has white cabinets on both the island and perimeter cabinets and we plan to use a white/gray granite called "Snowflakes" (from India) on the island. I would really love to have carrera but like many, know that I can't maintain it the way I would want to and that the etching and staining will bother me. Anyway, snowflakes granite is quite nice in its own right, with white, grays, and reddish specks; somewhat similar to bianco romano (I think this is what I'm thinking of). On the perimeter, I would like to have a dark counter and am thinking of honed absolute black (despite its potential drawbacks), which I love the look of. I don't care for the shiny-ness of black granites.

Can I match the honed AB with the polished Snowflakes granite? Or does polished have to go with polished?

The Snowflakes could be honed, but it comes treated with some sort of sealant already, and honing it would amount to undoing work already done.

I also would appreciate any suggestions for other "quite" black granites. Thanks so much!

Comments (3)