SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsl68

Carrier Infinity Variable Speed Heat Pump: 2 Ton vs 3 Ton

dsl68
9 years ago

We've done the research and have settled on this Carrier Infinity Heat Pump for our 2nd floor and attic br needs. We have exterior constraints that led us to this particular model.

http://www.carrier.com/homecomfort/en/us/products/heating-and-cooling/heat-pumps/split-system-heat-pumps/product---split-system-heat-pumps---25vna8/

We had someone come out and do the load calc and ideally we'll need 2.25 tons. For this carrier heat pump, 2 tons or 3 tons are the only options for us.

Our vendor is pushing us to get the 3 ton option whereas I initially pushed back and wanted the 2 ton option. He said that this particular model has a variable stage compressor which in theory would mitigate any concerns over having to much system in place - the system would merely run at less than 100 percent. He also mentioned that having the larger option gives us flexibility if we were to ever remodel and add another room on the 2nd floor.

I thought I'd throw this out to the chat board for any thoughts. Price differential is $600-700 between the 2 ton and 3 ton products.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)