SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minak2007

Living room colors-Yellow, White, Sage or Taupe

minak2007
17 years ago

I am needing help with my living room. We are putting in off white frieze carpet with speckles. We entertain a lot and it really helps hide all the accidents kids are bound to have.

I am stuck with pink valance with blinds that have a hint of sage. I am also stuck with the sofas that is sage. Too expensive to replace these items.

The ceiling is popcorn so we will be removing that and put in molding.

The fireplace has a hint of pink in the tiles and the wood. Those were my colors, pink and green for a while.

On the other side of the living room, is the kitchen.

My question is I don't know where to begin with colors. I am tired of off white walls with popcorn high ceiling. We can't paint the walls any other color then off-white as kids tend to mess up and we are constantly touching up. You can't do with color paint. The faded color will show and we cannot repaint the entire area.

I would like to paint the ceiling with a color, white molding and off white wall paint.

I would like a warm yellow on ceiling but does that go with pink curtain and sage furniture? I love yellow the warm feeling of it but don't know if that will work. I am left with sage or taupe but wouldn't that be too dark. The house is very small.

Appreciate your help.

Image link:

Comment (1)