SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swfr

Kitchen reveal!! White/cherry with caesarstone

swfr
10 years ago

Hi lovely GW,
I have been waiting for the day when I can finally share my reveal and although we haven't officially moved in, I think this is about as good as it's going to get. Because although the island stools have been ordered but aren't here yet and the breakfast area table is still in storage, at least this also means there isn't junk everywhere yet. It's looking rather pristine/bare now and soon will have a much more "lived in" look. :)

This has been a long, strange trip-- from starting with the floorplans that the builder had created (and we had signed off on) to realizing (thanks to some firm but loving guidance of many important GWers) that it was less than optimal. There were many hours spent on GW revising our floorplan over and over again to get everything figured out.

Originally the kitchen/first floor was going to be laid out like this:

And eventually this is what I came up with thanks to some brilliant and generous advice givers on here: (This is obviously just a sketch of the back half of the first floor--- the front half of the house remained the same.)

So obviously I have GW to thank for the entire layout of the kitchen. But this website also played a huge role in helping me find (and become brave enough to demand) a better line of cabinets than my builder was going to use. This allowed me to get the exact look I wanted, without spending very much more money. I might be the most grateful member of this community.

The details I ended up with:
Cabinets: Medallion Silverline with Lancaster door style (except Potter's Mill where we needed to upgrade to the gold line for what I wanted), island in cherry with pecan stain and perimeter in maple with divinity finish.
Appliances: GE Cafe Dual Fuel Range with baking drawer, Kenmore elite 31 cu ft refrigerator, Kenmore elite dishwasher.
Counters: Caesarstone Piatra Grey on the perimeter and Frosty Carrina on the island
Floors: Mullican hickory saddle engineered hardwoods
Backsplash: Daltile Modern Dimensions 4 1/4 x 12 3/4 subways in Biscuit
Lighting: Feiss lighting "urban renewal" mini pendants over the island and 5 light chandelier over the breakfast table

Here's the view from the breakfast table. There will be four stools along the front of the island.

Here's the view of the clean up area with a view of the forest/farmland/mountains out our back. I claim that this might actually make me *want* to do the dishes but my husband says he needs to see it to believe it! The storage to the right of the dishwasher is where all of our everyday dishware and glassware will be stored. (Excuse the handle on that little drawer. The right one is getting ordered.)

The GE dual fuel range and the built-in ventahood that I had to work so hard to get. With 15" deep cabinets flanking it on each side.

Piatra Grey Caesarstone close-up. It is so pretty in person!

Frosty Carrina Caesarstone to give you an idea of how creamy it is with just flecks of grey veining. It is impossible to get a good picture of it. It looks pink in this picture and it is NOT AT ALL pink in person.

The run of the cooking wall has a built-in 4" ledge that I dreamed up to give me a little storage space behind the range for oils and stuff, but also makes the regular depth fridge look more built-in. It is the thing I am getting the most compliments about from visitors seeing the kitchen for the first time. It allowed me to use standard-depth cabinets on the bottom to get this look of deeper counters. I highly recommend this design element!

A view looking out from the island. The open door back there is my large walk-in pantry. The breakfast area is right there in front of the blue wall and the family room is just beyond that. The cased in door to the right leads to the dining room.

That's the whole tour! Thank you to each and every person who was on this journey with me. I keep feeling like I should get a little piece of art of a spiderweb to hand somewhere in the kitchen to remind me of how much credit is due to the "web" and all of you!

Comments (36)