SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccintx

Want input on efficiency of g-shape kitchen w sink windows

ccintx
13 years ago

I've been lurking on here for a while now, and have learned so much from everyone! I am in the process of designing a floor plan for a small house I hope to build soon. I'm very unsure of designing a kitchen, since I've never been much of a cook. : ) But, I'd like your wonderful input on how best to design an efficient, small kitchen in the space I have.

I will have 3 windows over the sink (my must-have). The kitchen is 11 1/2 X 13 feet. The dining area is across from the kitchen. When you exit the kitchen, you will go right, to the hall to the laundry, or left, to the opening to the living area. There is a picture of the tentative floorplan of the entire house in the album also. I used the IKEA tool to visualize the kitchen, but I won't be using their cabinets. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the photo link posted correctly.

Right now, I'm mainly concerned with getting the zones and triangle and efficiency the best it can be. I don't really know about the finishing touches yet (cabinet colors, countertops, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Here is a link that might be useful: G-shaped kitchen floorplan

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio