SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigwormie

Bosch Nexxt 500 VS DUET 9200...

bigwormie
16 years ago

I spent about 2 months trying to decide between a nexxt500, cabrio, duet (new model 9400), harmony, and fisher paykel. Here is what happened. I FINALLY decided to get the duet 9200 (instead of 9400) and my wife REALLY liked it. But we began counter offers on a new house with upstairs laundry and from my initial viewing of the house I remember the laundry room being too small for a front load. As I was coming up on my 30 days return at lowes, I decided it would be wise to return the units so that I would not be stuck with something I could not use. Well, during the inspections on the house I realized the laundry room will fit a front load so I thought, hey why not try the nexxt 500 (this was was my wifes first choice based on looks) and if we like it we will put it in the new house. Fast forward 5 days and we are DEFINITELY returning the 500 and going back to the duets. The 500 is louder, longer wash cycles, holds slightly less stuff (wife had to leave out 2 towels yesterday, and due to door design you have to be more careful with loading the washer (clothes fall back out at you) baby clothes get stuck in the washer door seal and the dryer is very particular about how it is vented. Hope this helps the next poor sap looking to buy a new washer/dryer!

Comments (5)