SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Geothermal - Permit not pulled...what now???

piscesgirl
10 years ago

We had geothermal installed back in 2009. We are currently in the process of refinancing our home and I went out on the county assessor website to pull some information and found out low and behold...it still shows oil heating for our house and a permit is not on record for the work completed.

The gentleman who sold us the system told us they would obtain all the necessary permits (he is longer with the company). I called the company and they said they typically don't pull permits and that is the homeowners responsibility but would pull our file and get back to us. I have not called the township yet. When I get home from work I am going to check my paperwork and see if they outlined the permit process anywhere.

So has anyone ever seen this happen? I have no problem paying out of my pocket for the necessary permits (even though the contractor really should pay for it). I am in a bit of a panic and freaking out...having nightmare thoughts that the township make us rip everything out...wells and all!

Thoughts? Just how bad is this? Should I be in a panic?

Also what are the chances this impact our home refinance? At this point I guess I shouldn't even mention the $35k investment we made and hope the appraiser doesn't notice.

Comments (6)