SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillies01

How many finishes are too many?

jillies01
11 years ago

Hello - continuing down my mini-facelift of my kitchen.....

I have read a TON of posts here on GW going back all the way to 2009 about finishes in the kitchen. As always - that just lead me to information overload! So what I am wondering is in your honest opinion, how many finishes can you REALLY mix in a real life kitchen without it looking like you were all over the place? I find that there is always a big discrepancy between what the magazines and blogs say you can do and what people do in real life!

Right now I have pewter knobs and pulls, brushed chrome faucets, and antique bronze chandelier (not as dark as ORB, with a little more reddish.) I have stainless appliances (another finish I guess). I was told when I put them in that the faucet would "blend" with the stainless appliances and the pewter - I don't really think it does though :)
I am changing out to a polished chrome faucet, but will keep bronze chandy. I found knobs and pulls in polished nickel (I know all about the wear issues from other threads) I really love. Is that too much? Should I simplify and just stick with all chrome for faucets and pulls since I already have the bronze lighting?

Comments (3)