SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolinesmom_gw

Please help me choose 3x6 or 4x8 backsplash tile

carolinesmom
13 years ago

Hi everyone; haven't posted in well over a year. Finish work on our new construction was postponed because DH was deployed to Afghanistan. 2yr old DD and I have been living here 9 mo. alone with no finish trim, no backsplash, etc...quite interesting! Anyway, DH due back in early March (fingers crossed)and I want to get backsplash up soon thereafter (after R&R of course!). Want a white crackle tile and need to buy at the Tile Shop to get our builders addl. %15 off, plus it's the most economical I've found. Cost is major factor -- love those beautiful handmade tiles, but there's far too much on the remaining punch list to justify. Do I go w/ 3x6 or 4x8? There aren't alot of extra accent pieces to do a neat area above sink and range (both of which are big open spaces -- no window over sink, its to the side). Soooo with those big open spaces above range and sink, would the large size look better? I saw segbrown's and it's very similar and she used 6x8 which I like. Just curious if 4x8 screams bathroom, etc... Any thoughts MUCH appreciated!! Happy New Year!

Comments (9)