SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

The Day After Christmas: What Are You Doing Today???

lynninnewmexico
10 years ago

It's the day after Christmas, December 26th, also known in some parts of the world as Boxing Day, the first day of Kwanzaa or the "Second Day of Christmas".

I was wondering if you all have any traditions for this special day. Do you celebrate any or all of the above? Spend it at the malls, returning or exchanging gifts or catching the After Christmas sales? Did you have to go to work today? Spend it recuperating from yesterday? Head to yet another holiday party? Go for a hike?

As for me, we host our big, annual Christmas Day dinner party which takes days ~ really, weeks~ to get ready for. I have every room in the house decorated for the holiday. We have a huge buffet set up and, while we love this wonderful time with our friends, I'm flat out exhausted the next day . . . today. We don't celebrate Kwanzaa. Can't even imagine having the energy to fight the crowds at the malls. Instead ~ and it's written in stone (LOL!) ~ we celebrate all Twelve Days of Christmas, and this day is always spent in our PJs or sweats doing absolutely as little as humanly possible. We eat only the delicious leftover foods from yesterday's feast. On (Christmas) paper plates, warmed up in the microwave so as not to dirty too many dishes. We lie around on the sofas or floor in our living room in front of the tree and fireplace, reading new books, listening to (mellow) music. Call family who live in other states. Play board games. Chat. Snack. Check out our family and friends' Christmas photos on Face Book. Nap. In other words, we have fun while we recuperate from yesterday. This evening, we'll watch a funny Christmas DVD, maybe "Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation", while we laze around in the family room.

I LOVE our December 26th tradition and was just wondering how you like to spend December 26th at your house?
Lynn

Comments (14)