SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaidan_gw

Counter-height Windows

kaidan
14 years ago

We have found out that our window over the sink needs replacing. Figures. We were down to studs and it would have been an easy fix then but now plaster, floors, etc. are done and we find out it leaks. Apparently this old window has been doing it for years but we never knew. I mentioned getting a new window when one of our workers was replacing the siding on our house and came along rot. He convinced us that was not needed. So that's aggravating!

Anyway, a friend of DH is going to install our cabinets. We asked him to replace the window above the sink. I said I would like a counter-height window in its place. Friend says then that he will do the window after the cabinets are in place. Is this common practice? I figure by this point, it's the only option bc cabinets are going in on Saturday. Any advice to how to go about the counter-height window? I would love a bump-out but I don't think DH is on the same boat. But either way, he does want the window down to the counter. The window going in has pushed off granite templating which stinks. I'm assuming the granite goes up to the window.

The window we are replacing will not be very wide but I'm excited.

Any advice or good pictures along the way that I can pass onto DH's friend?

Comments (6)