SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivendell_gw

Fisher & Paykel Washer and Dryer

rivendell
15 years ago

About a week ago, I got my new washer and dryer and wanted to give some feedback. I purchased a Fisher & Paykel Top Load High Efficiency Aerosmart washer and the matching Aquasmart dryer. I really like them! The washing machine can be used in either high efficiency or standard mode. It seems to have all the advantages of a FL (like saving water, etc...) but without the disadvantages (remembering to keep door open, moldy smell, etc...) I needed top load due to space constraints. The controls are all electronic with so many choices, yet very easy to use. The dryer dries in the same amount of time as the washer if using the same mode and is all electronic too. The dryer is top load too, and so moving the wash from washer to dryer is easy. My washer and dryer are in the garage, so I wanted something that didn't have a lot of bling (screaming hi- I'm a washer and dryer). The machines are plain white with a streamlined black strip for the electronics. I consider it understated elegance- strange to say for a washer and dryer! Anyway, items are coming out clean and dry and not wrinkled! I bought the set from a local appliance store and purchased the floor models- a total cost of $1,500. By the way, the dryer has an automatic lint thing that needs to be emptied around every 10 loads. The electronics remind you when to do it. The washer has special care settings like separate modes for different typoes of stains-good for my family- I'm known to spill wine and tomato sauce and my sons play baseball and have dirt and grass stains. I haven't experimented with these modes yet, though. Anyway, i am pleased with my purchase and wanted to give a report to those still looking to purchase.

Comments (35)