SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

replace calypso with? (not draining)

User
9 years ago

I have a Kenmore Calypso washer (and dryer). I just checked; purchased in March of 2001.
From time to time I washed a queen size comforter in it, and each time, I would tell myself that I shouldn't do it again. There was either some water on the floor,(which never would happen again after I wiped it up) or it was kind of off balance.
However, I did it again.
This time, the next wash I did, when I went to remove the clothing after it finished, some items were actually caught in the rim between the drum and the machine walls.
I did another wash a few days later, and it just shuts off, after filling up with water. (this wash is not a very full load at all). In the manual it sounds like possibly the hose is clogged (my guess is some clothing -- a sock?? is in there??)
I have a service call into our worry-free program with utility company (PSEG) but that wont be until next week.
I am starting to think about- if it cannot be fixed...
I have actually really liked the calypso and for the most part it was pretty problem free and it did a great job over these 13 years.
I particularly liked the express wash which was 22 minutes. Our stuff does not get really dirty or soiled, so it just needs to be refreshed.
What is the current wisdom on the new machines? I like quality, but I don't want to spend lots of money as it is now just the 2 of us ....
I will go look at CR later this weekend I guess, but wondering if anyone wants to share advice?
(and I will report back to let you know if its fixable or I will be in the market)

Comments (6)