SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

I think I might just survive! LOL

janie_ga
14 years ago

End of last week was spent overcoming the miserable side effect of narcotic medication- extreme constipation. I have decided that if what I went through is even a TINY bit like childbirth, it is a GOOD thing I never had kids!!!!! Yes they eased the pain but I am sure something a little less risky would have done as or almost as good (the MDs were the ones that decided to put me on them vs something else). I think next time (based on the past 6 months, there will a next time), I will ask for another type of pain killer or at least a anti-constipation medicine to take with it. After three days on the medication the MD gave me to correct the problem, last night I reached the other end of the spectrum! Was supposed to take it for a month, I think I will keep it around in case I need it but will NOT be taking it twice a day! Still on crutches and cannot get to the bathroom that quick, lol.

Yesterday was my first day out other than MD appointments and it went well. Eric went back to work today and I decided to venture out a bit. Went to CVS and got myself a rubber doughnut to sit on. Balked at the price of $20 (its JUST a doughnut!) but decided I wasn't in much of a position to price. Blew it up and sat on it while I was at Burger King and decided it was $20 well paid, lol. Sat there for almost 2 hours reading homework without any major pain! I have placed it in a pillowcase to hide the BRIGHT red color of the rubber. Will be hauling this thing around with me for the foreseeable future. Tomorrow will be the real test of how I feel after two days venturing out.

A coworker is planning to visit Monday evening and bring supper. Looking forward to that, especially since Eric will have been gone for several days by then. Snow is predicted for Wed and I need to be on campus. Should be interesting!

Thank all of oyu for your encouragement and prayers,

Janie (who was happy to flush those nasty narcotic meds & to get out of the house for a while, lol)

Comments (8)