SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_of_cali

Hvac for 30 year old home in So Cal

Carol-of-Cali
10 years ago

Hi I am looking for information about buying a new HVAC system for my 3250 Sq ft home in inland Orange county, CA. My current unit is the original furnace with an 18 year old 5 ton ac unit. My 600 sq, foot bonus room is never comfortable in the afternoon/evening but the rest of the house cools although the unit slows down and needs a rest in the evening. We have 2 estimates, both adding a zone or zones and using a 5 ton AC. Both want to move the furnace to the attic and add vent(s) . One of the companies said if we purchased an EMME control we could cool rooms individually and put the new furnace in the garage where the current one is. The Lennox prices were $22,000 to $30,000 for one that is powered by a solar panel on our roof . The other quote is for a Maytag 16 deluxe 5 ton unit with the Emme ( room by room control) for 22,000 dollars or 19,000 without the Emme which requires moving the new furnace to the attic and putting in a new vent in the roof which are not needed if we buy the EMME. Does anyone have any experience with any of these units or can you recommend a diffrerent system or contractor in my area to me. Thank you for your help.

Comment (1)