SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geesh_gw

Old heat pump trashed

geesh
13 years ago

Here is the story... I bought a home in an area where there are few regulations & bldg codes.. I had a home inspection & the 70s heat pump was working at the time.. NOW 1 week later-the fiberboard ductwork is falling apart from moisture & the "duct tape" didnt hold. (no kidding).. This unit is in a crawl space.. I took a look & the unit is falling apart & the insides are rusted.. Here is the worst part, the unit is now sucking stinky smelly air from crawl space & pumping it into the house. low-avg radon levels ( but that is another story)... I have a "Home Warranty".. Before I file an official claim with warranty provider, what & how is my best chance for a total replacement ? Since asbestos duct work is not covered, I will pay for that. Also, I would want the new unit moved to the man floor in a utility closet. Main question is HOW do I improve my chances to get the home warranty guy to call for a "unit replacement" & me pay for the rest (ducts & relocation). Thanks for any ideas... Arlan

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals