SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenathegreat

Why are dryer vents so difficult to hook up?

jenathegreat
17 years ago

Is it just my DH and me? Every time we've ever had to move the dryer (granted, that's not very often), it's always a MAJOR ordeal to get the darn vent hooked up again.

The metal ring that goes around the vent is really hard to screw in the first place. Second, it's hard to get it tight enough that the vent won't come off the vent end at either the wall or the dryer itself. We've also tried some little metal clamp rings, but they don't hold it very tight either. We've tried less rigid vents and one that's more rigid hoping that the clamps would work better on one of them, but they don't.

We have a very tight space to work in and we're not small people, so squeezing behind the dryer and squatting down to get to the vent is really hard. And then, just when you think it's all connected, you push the dryer back into place and the blasted thing comes off again! ARGH!

Thanks for reading my rant. Any suggestions? Are we complete idiots and the only people in the world who have this problem? When I see suggestions that say you should vaccuum your dryer vent every year, I just laugh - no way would I take that sucker off if I didn't have to!

Comments (15)