SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anita55_gw

kitchen cabinets need help tight budget

anita55
15 years ago

This is a photo of the kitchen in our vacation "rental" house. We have little money to spend on this but it is something that needs "fixing". The lower cabinets are just one big space that runs from end to end. There are a couple of shelves in there. The drawers don't function properly anymore and I can't find hardware that would hold them in place. There are some plastic fasteners on the sides of each drawer(for want of the right term) that they are supposed to glide in and out on, but they are broken and I have searched high and low for replacements. The drawers just kind of hang down in the front if you don't prop them up just right. The end drawer near the stove cannot be opened with the oven door closed. It scrapes the handle of the stove. I have to open the oven door to fully open that drawer. I could probably seal that drawer up so that it can't be used (to prevent damaging the handle) but we really could use the drawer space. It's very weird. Do you have any ideas how I can fix these things without spending a lot of money? Replacing the cabinets is out of the question. Basically what I would like is: The drawers to not hang down, and to slide in and out. Somehow to replace or fix the end drawer with something that works with the stove??? I don't know about that. And to have separate spaces in the base cabinets so that it's not just one big space. Thanks so much for even just reading this, and hopefully giving me some practical ideas. Thanks.

Comments (9)