SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacylh_gw

Kitchen layout critique

stacylh
11 years ago

Well, I'm almost afraid to do this since I've already spent about a year and a half coming up with this, but I'm learning quickly that a fresh set of eyes is usually always helpful.

I'd love to hear thoughts, opinions, and suggestions regarding the attached layout. I have already started a thread regarding whether or not to put a prep sink in the island and haven't reached a conclusion on that yet, though, so please feel free to weigh in on how I could make it work and/or whether or not I should even have a prep sink.

Some things to consider:
1)Windows cannot be changed. They are being shortened from what they are now, but the cost in having them moved or altered in any other way just doesn't seem practical.

2) I want the warming drawer with easy access from the range top and not facing the double ovens because a) The warming drawer is KA and the ovens are Elux Icon Pro; and b) I want to be able to throw hot pancakes in there as they come off the griddle.

3) I could have a sink in the pantry, but I'm not sure how useful that would be.

4) This is a brand new kitchen space that was previously an add-on of a LARGE dining room. We are switching the kitchen and dining spaces for better function for our family. Therefore, nothing is set in stone except the pantry area, which is currently my junk-hole of an office located behind the stairwell :)

Thanks, in advance!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville