SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stretchad_gw

Need help navigating washer & dryer choices

stretchad
16 years ago

DH and I are getting ready to move and we must buy a washer and dryer for the first time ever. We've always had hand-me-downs. Needless to say, I'm flabbergasted at the options.

Here are the challenges I have:

1 - I HATE doing laundry. The fewer loads I do, the better (so the more it holds, the better). What size should I look for?

2 - We have king sized bedding, and lots of towels we typically wash all at once. It's gotta be great at sanitizing because we have dogs too, that sleep on our bed. That said, I'm worried about things like steam cleaning, for maintenance and ease-of-use reasons...

3 - We plan on having kids soon so it needs to be gentle enough for little baby stuff.

4 - I have lots of business shirts, slacks, etc, that I take to the cleaners now. Is there any washer/dryer that would help me do some of these things at home?

5 - I hate having to bend over and pull things out of a washer, then crouching down and shoving things into a dryer (Front Load w/ a pedestal maybe?)

6 - The laundry room is on the first floor, above a basement in which DH works from home and records music. Therfore, minimal vibrations and noise is a must. Suggestions?

7 - As I mentioned before, I hate doing laundry so anything that washes clothes quickly and dries them fast is the best!

8 - Budget - $2000 or so total for both washer & dryer. We're prepared to spend the money on a washer that'll make our lives easier!

Can anyone suggest a washer & dryer I should look into, and how they'll help address my laundry challenges?

Comments (4)