SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leonardlikespizza

Can a quarter sawn or black kitchen be fun?

leonardlikespizza
12 years ago

Hello.... We are looking for whatever assistance/guidance anyone is willing to offer: we are smack dab in the thick of an unplanned kitchen gut remodel (long story) and are at the point where we absolutely HAVE to make a decision about cabinets ... The problem is that we just can't pull the trigger - every time we think we've figured it out, well... We waffle. I need help! Basically we can't decide between 3 styles - white painted cabs w/ wood counters, black cabs w/ wood or marble counters, or quarter sawn oak cabs w/ honed granite counters. I lean toward hex tile flooring for all. The kitchen is small, galley style, I think we have actually decided on the sink - a kohler wall mount - I think it's called gilford (?). What else... Our house is 1870s farmhouse in the Chicago suburbs. The kitchen that was torn out was not original in any respect. This is difficult I suppose, because it's not just a cabinet decision... It is the whole kitchen - it's all interrelated, right? I am totally overwhelmed, stressed out. I want the new kitchen to be fun and functional... We love the qs cabs but worry it could look too mission, and also too serious, if that makes sense same with the black. Sorry if this is unclear - I am going on very little sleep , this literally keeps me up all night long ( well, the kids don't let me get any rest at night either)... How the heck does anybody EVER decide all this? Thanks so much for your advice in advance...

Comments (25)