SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

Suggestions for window treatments in transitional kitchen?

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

I could use some help picking window treatments for my new kitchen windows.

I don't want fabric (would get icky in the kitchen, right?) and I don't want something that would always be in the way like plantation shutters. I would prefer something that would be unobtrusive when not in use. I would probably only use them for about an hour each morning when the morning sun is low and we get overly strong light in the kitchen.

Duette shades fit the description, I know, but I'm not a fan of those.

The kitchen & house overall are transitional. Most of our windows downstairs are bare - we're on a heavily treed lot and we don't have privacy issues in the back. Upstairs we have wood blinds which are great if you plan to leave them down most of the time and just open the blinds for light; in the kitchen I'd prefer an all-or-nothing window cover.

Anyone have suggestions that would work in my kitchen? I'm awful at color and design, so very specific help would be most welcomed! Here are my kitchen windows:

{{gwi:1587938}}

Cabinets are a medium cherry, floors are medium oak, walls are a greyish taupe, counters are black soapstone. The granite table shown in the photo is temporary and at some point I'll have a wood table (I'm looking for something like mamadadapaige has).

Anita

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!