SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailsam

New England Slate Companies - have you used them?

AilsaM
12 years ago

I will be putting New England Slate into my new kitchen and I am curious if there is anyone else who has done the same and is willing to recommend the company they used. The two companies I have narrowed my search down to are 1. Sheldon Slate in Granville, NY and Monson ME and 2. Green Mountain Soapstone in VT (they quarry both soapstone and slate). Has anyone ever used either of these companies? And did you look at more than one seller if you did (and why)? I have received quotes from both companies for 56 sq ft of counter, no back splash or sink. (Just counter) I have received back 2 quotes that one is about double of the other. Their quarries are within minutes of the other so they are dealing with the same material. They are both primarily used for roofing slate, but make counters frequently. I just can't understand the price disparity. Should I approach them about their prices? I'm just not sure what to do. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone micht have. Also please let meknow if you have worked witheither of these companies. I have been dealt withfairly by both (I think).

Thanks,

Ailsa

Comments (2)