SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomorrowisanotherday_gw

Dang it! There are moths in my pantry...AGAIN!

To make a long story short, about 6 months ago we had a couple of moths set up housekeeping in our pantry. I think that the original moths were stowaways in a bag of "rustic" type rice that came in a paper bag. Unfortunately, Their population exploded rapidly. Anyhoo, I wound up taking everything out of the pantry, wiping down all of the wire shelving, killing the larvae, throwing away contaminated foods, cleaning off cans, blah blah blah...It must have taken me 4-5 days to do all of this--I was VERY thorough! I thought they were gone.

After a couple of months w/o any moths, they're baaaccckkkk! The pantry is a walk-in, and I have it packed to the gills--I do not want to take it all back out again--waaahhh!! But, since it's where we keep our FOOD, I can't just go in and napalm the little buggers with Raid either. Does anyone know of any kind of bait, or some other method that might work? I've NEVER encountered this problem before, and it just baffles me...it's a little gross too. Any ideas?

Comments (17)